Search

Custom Search

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

FIRST REVIEW!!!!!! Founders Devil Dancer


Name: Founders Devil Dancer
Brewery: Founders Brewing Company, Grand Rapids, Michigan
Style: Imperial IPA(Triple, that's pretty rare)
ABV: 12%(not for the faint of heart)
IBU(International Bitterness Units): 112(official) 200(calculated)
BeerAdvocate Rating: A-(B by style)
RateBeer Rating: 99 (98)
Location Sampled: The Coppermine Pub, North Arlington, NJ
Date: July 31st
Price: $8 for 8oz. draft served in Chimay goblet (picture above)

      I'd like to ad a disclaimer to my first official beer review.  DO NOT DRINK THIS BEER IF YOU'RE NOT READY FOR IT.  Ok now that I got that out of the way, Founders Devil Dancer is a very heavy, very hoppy, very delicious beer.  But if you're going to eat or drink anything else in the same night as Devil Dancer, make sure you have Devil Dancer last.  It will fry your taste-buds for hours.  This is one of the hoppiest beers I've ever had and that says alot if you know me.  I like the hops.  
      Alright down to the details, Devil Dancer poured a slightly hazy reddish-amber with very little head. There was not a very complex portfolio of flavors because the spicy hops flavor smacks you in the face.  If anything I tasted some pepper but that faint due to the overwhelming hops.  

Recommendation: I'd suggest that you don't try this beer until you are about 3 years into your craft beer experience.  It's just too hoppy and sampling this earlier in your beer career might scare you away from craft beer.  This is a good beer for a once a year sampling and 8oz. may have been a bit too much.  If you happen to have a bottle of this I'd split it between at least 2 people.

Rating: 4.5 pints (out of 5) I'd drink it again but I'm a hophead and I'm always searching for the next hoppiest thing.  The only reason its not a 5 is the fact that it's more of a novelty beer.  Go out and search, there aren't alot of triple IPAs out there and there's a good reason for that.  It's just too strong for some people.

      So thank you everyone for visiting my site and reading my first beer review.  Comments and suggestions are encouraged.  You can contact me at hopallaaron@gmail.com.  Please also add me on facebook, just search Hoptical Allusions.  Visit the site often and I'll post on facebook every time there's a new blog post.

                                                                                                                  -Aaron

1 comment:

  1. This post is worth everyone’s attention. Good work. We have another website to check about Remove Glassdoor Reviews which is another helpful topic on reputation management.

    ReplyDelete