Search

Custom Search

Monday, January 24, 2011

Copper Mine 12 x 12

     So in my mini-bio section of this site I mentioned that I completed the Andy's Corner Bar 100 Beer Club in 2007.  The premise of the club is drink 100 different beers over the course of the year and get your name on a plaque and some free swag.  It was more difficult than it sounds because Andy's only had 8 taps(10 if both beer engines are in use).  There were alot of bottles though so it helped.  In the past year I started the Copper Mine 12 x 12 Beer Club.  In order to succeed here you have to drink 12 different beers over the course of a month for 12 months.  The thing that helps with this challenge is that every month its basically a reset.  If you like a beer you can have it count towards your goal again as long as its in a different month.  So in theory you could drink 144 different beers(there's 20+ taps here so it's slightly easier) or you could drink the same 12 different beers each month for 12 months(just hypothetical because there's only 1 or 2 beers that Vito keeps in stock year round).  So I began my quest in March 2010 and as of today I'm 1 beer short of my 7th month.  The months don't have to be consecutive.  In this post I'm going to list the first month of my quest and each beer will be hyper-linked to its BeerAdvocate description.  I'll try to post a month each night.  And as I complete a new month I will also post that(I'm at 11 for January so I'll easily finish that at the Smuttynose event on 1/27.  Make sure you attend that).  And please comment on the site and on facebook.  I see the hit counter go up but I want to know who's actually reading. 

Copper Mine Pub 12x12 Beer Club
Month 1 - March 2010
1) Flying Fish Exit 16 Wild Rice Double IPA
2) River Horse Hop-a-lot-amus
3) Boulder Hazed & Infused
4) Smuttynose Old Brown Dog
5) Troegs Nugget Nectar
6) Avery/Russian River Collaboration Not Litigation Ale
7) Defiant Muddy Creek Lager
8) Ithaca Cascazilla
9) Ithaca White Gold
10) Ithaca Ground Break
11) Victory Prima Pils
12) Stone IPA

No comments:

Post a Comment